users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How do you poll a Glassfish JMS queue say every hour?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 01:03:36 PDT

Thanks Felipe. I was wondering if my requirement is actually an orthodox way of doing things? I'm sure with other JMS providers you are able to have a queue polled periodically. Using a database table for this basically discards the need to have a JMS queue at all as I may as well put my messages into that table instead of the queue ;)

As messages come through to the queue there could be hundreds and what I don't want is for them to be read immediately. Scanning through such a queue periodically would benefit me more. Does anyone know if Glassfish is flexible enough to handle queue polling or is queue polling something which goes beyond the operations of a JMS provider?

Regards,

Shah
[Message sent by forum member 'johnstv' (johnstevens3_at_hotmail.com)]