users@glassfish.java.net

Re: gzip compression

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 10:57:48 -0700

On 10/26/09 03:59, w.rittmeyer_at_jsptutorial.org wrote:
> Hi Felipe,
>
> I do not know for sure if this is the reason for your problem, but the
> attribute "compression" is now of type boolean.
>
> Maybe you should try to use "true" instead.
>
> See the output of asadmin set:
>
> asadmin> set
> server.network-config.protocols.protocol.http-listener-1.http.compression=force
> com.sun.enterprise.admin.cli.CommandException: remote failure: Could
> not change the attributes: org.jvnet.hk2.config.ValidationException:
> Validation Failed: force is not of data type: java.lang.Boolean
> org.jvnet.hk2.config.ValidationException: Validation Failed: force is
> not of data type: java.lang.Boolean
>
> Command set failed.
> asadmin> set
> server.network-config.protocols.protocol.http-listener-1.http.compression=true
> server.network-config.protocols.protocol.http-listener-1.http.compression=true
>
> Command set executed successfully.
>
> Afterwards in the domain.xml I see >>compression="true"<<.

This seems like a regression.

According to:

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/jfarcand/archive/2006/06/enabling_http_c_1.html

  compression: The Connector may use HTTP/1.1 GZIP compression in an
  attempt to save server bandwidth. The acceptable values for the
  parameter is "off" (disable compression), "on" (allow compression,
  which causes text data to be compressed), "force" (forces compression
  in all cases), or a numerical integer value (which is equivalent to
  "on", but specifies the minimum amount of data before the output is
  compressed).

Felipe, can you file a bug against "configuration"?

Thanks,

Jan