users@glassfish.java.net

Deploy a Trivial mbean

From: jsexton0 <jsexton0_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 11:44:10 -0700 (PDT)

I'm working on using an mbean to respond to an event. I'd like to get logged
messages eventually. For now, I made an interface:

public interface CustomActionMBean extends NotificationListener {
}

And a class:

public class CustomAction implements CustomActionMBean {
        public void handleNotification(Notification arg0, Object arg1) {
        }
}

I jar them up and try to use the admin console to deploy. It fails saying
the class does not follow the Standard MBean conventions. What are these
conventions other than the class name being the same as the interface name
sans "MBean"?

Thanks