users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Busy threads in Grizzly

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 16:12:38 PDT

Hi Jeanfrancois

Thanks for your reply. I don't have a thread dump handy right now. However while discussing with a colleague, we came around discussing a particular functionality of ours which is synchronised. Not sure if this is causing the increase on load under the Grizzly thread model. Does that make any sense?

I was expecting more than 5 busy threads to show up, but still puzzles as to why we have a low number. Perhaps the above synchronisation has some effect(?).

As for the machine spec, we are running with 8 cores. I was going to bump up the Acceptor threads to 8 initially, but thought would start with 5 to see how it works out. My next test would be to increase it to 8 though. Would you be able to shed some light on the benefits, beyond that fact that it has more threads to work with.

As ever thanks very much and look forward for your comments.

Cheers
-- Imran
[Message sent by forum member 'imranbohoran' (imranbohoran_at_gmail.com)]