users@glassfish.java.net

Re: what ever happened to automatic redirect?

From: Kedar Mhaswade <Kedar.Mhaswade_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 14:20:34 -0700

vince kraemer wrote:
> kedar wrote:
>> It was available only on the enterprise profile domain by default.
>
> That is not what I ran into in testing, yesterday.
>
> Here is the test that I did...
>
> 1. java -jar the v2.1 jar.
> 2. ant -f setup.xml
> 3. start the default domain
> 4. open the admin gui
> 5. use the admin gui to change the 'security' flag on the admin listener.
> 6. restart the server.
> 7. use http://localhost:4848 to reconnect with the admin listener on the
> restarted server

I see. Admin backend was smart back then ;).
<property name="proxiedProtocols" value="http"/> was added domain.xml
when you did that on the console which made the redirection possible.

It will be nice if we did similar thing in v3. But I believe it is a
bigger change to support this for v3 since we it differently in
Grizzly now. Can you file a bug/RFE for this?

-Kedar