users@glassfish.java.net

Re: window.open() script problem in glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 23:27:58 PDT

HI Ronaldo Rigoni,
Actually iam opening a file using javascript from file system.
i.e window.open("c:\\TEST\\test.xls"); this is the code in my jsp(ita web project).
When i deploy this project and run in Glassfish , the file is not opened.
but when i tried the same code in another project (created in eclipse) and deployed to Tomcat server, then the file was opened.

test.xls is on my PC and i started both servers on my PC only.
why the same code can not open the file when it is running on Glassfish?.

thanks
Kumar
[Message sent by forum member 'praveenkumar14' (pravkumar14_at_yahoo.com)]