users@glassfish.java.net

help Glassfish v3

From: Felipe Gaścho <fgaucho_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 11:20:53 +0200

My old Java EE 5 application is struggling to get alive in the new
Glassfish V3b66 server,

it seems my EJB interface is found twice in the classpath, but I have
only 1 EJB implementing the @Remote interface.

Since this EJB is in the application model, it is reused in the other
modules, maybe this is the problem..

so, what I am doing:

creating a stateless EJB @Remote ...
referencing this EJB in several modules of my Maven multi-module application.

if I deploy the application in GF v2.1, it works fine
if I deploy the same code in GF v3, it crashes due to the following exception:

[#|2009-10-10T11:13:01.891+0200|SEVERE|glassfish|javax.enterprise.system.core.com.sun.enterprise.v3.server|_ThreadID=41;_ThreadName=Thread-3;|Exception
while deploying the app
java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot resolve reference Remote ejb-ref
name=com.kenai.puj.arena.model.entity.facade.impl.PujUserFacadeImpl/urlObfuscator,Remote
3.x interface =com.kenai.puj.arena.model.entity.utils.URLObfuscator,ejb-link=null,lookup=null,mappedName=,jndi-name=,refType=Session
because there are 2 ejbs in the application with interface
com.kenai.puj.arena.model.entity.utils.URLObfuscator