users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish v2.1 JMS stop calling consumers

From: Paulo Cesar Reis <casmeiron_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 12:19:13 -0300

Hi Nigel,

Yes, u're right, I was using the wrong property name.
After fixing all of my MDB I got the same problem: My IMQ Broker stopped for
some reason but after restart the messages were there. Here goes the result
of the command lst dst when the problem happened:

Listing all the destinations on the broker specified by:

-------------------------
Host Primary Port
-------------------------
localhost 7676

--------
         Name Type State Producers Consumers Msgs
                                                     Total Count UnAck
Avg Size
--------
NPAlarmHandlerQueue Queue RUNNING 0 1 0 0
0.0
NPAlarmNotifierTopic Topic RUNNING 0 1 0 0
0.0
NPEventChannelTopic Topic RUNNING 0 2 0 0
0.0
NPMessageReceiverTopic Topic RUNNING 0 1 3 3
1431.0
NPMessageReplyQueue Queue RUNNING 0 1 2 2
379.0
mq.sys.dmq Queue RUNNING 0 0 0 0
0.0

Successfully listed destinations.

As we can see I've got 5 stuck messages, 3 in the topic and 2 in the queue.

Glassfish couldn't stop itself 'till I restarted the IMQ broker, after that
the messages were sent successfully to consumers. Do you have any clue about
my broker stopping in the middle of the process?

Thanks for help.