users@glassfish.java.net

Successful MDB + Topic load-balance setup, but how does it work?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 09:14:13 PDT

Hi all,

I've successfully setup a cluster of SJSAS8.2 instances with an MDB subscribed to a topic on OpenMQ that load-balances messages between instances. To do so, I had to configure the clientId on ejb-jar.xml.

But I'm wondering, how exactly does it work under the hood? The MQ server should refuse two clients (the two clustered instances) with the same clientId, should it not?

Looking forward for a low level explanation.

TIA
[Message sent by forum member 'cliffb53' (cpinto_at_yimports.com)]