users@glassfish.java.net

URL - domain redirection with 301

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 07:45:25 PDT

Hi,
I´m looking for a way to redirect through configuration (like Apache mod_rewrite) one virtual domain / alias to another. For example:

http://mydomain.com to http://www.mydomain.com

Or

http://www.myvirtualdomain.com to http://www.mydomain.com

giving a 301 Moved Permanently HTTP code.

I´ve tried using redirect_ virtual-server property, but it´s only for redirection based on context search. For example:

<property name="redirect_1" value="from=www.myvirtualdomain.com url-prefix=http://www.mydomain.com"/>

will not work as domain prefix is not included in substitution. Also, for URL rewriting this kind of redirection is giving a 302 code (Moved Temporaly) which is not SEO compliant.

I´m using Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_02 (build b10-p05).

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

adrian
[Message sent by forum member 'monuz' (adrian.caneva_at_monuz.com)]