users@glassfish.java.net

Re: asadmin troubles

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 17:19:57 PDT

It occurs to me that there are two many things you've tried. Also, there is some conflicting information in what you've said. Is "glassfish" an account on your system? Is that user's home directory in /usr/local? Is the root account's home directory in /opt/glassfishv3?

It seems that "su - glassfish" is causing some issues. I am not able to exactly know what you are running into and hence following facts may help you.

1- asadmin and web admin GUI use the exact same credentials and same "way" of authenticating the admin user. So, it's not likely that it passes in one case and not in other. In default case, both use admin-keyfile and not keyfile.
2- Maybe --savelogin is giving you some trouble as far as its location is concerned. Beginning b64, the domain is created with a single admin user named "admin" and no password by default. If you specify a user name and password in a passwordfile, that will be respected of course.
3- Since you have used a --passwordfile option, I suggest you use it uniformly. For example:
passwordfile:
AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=secret123
and then use this passwordfile on *all* asadmin commands, without using --savelogin. All commands of interest that need passwords should accept --passwordfile option followed by its path. The actual password will be extracted from the file.
4- Keep your passwordfile safe.

Hope that helps.
[Message sent by forum member 'km' (kedar.mhaswade_at_sun.com)]