users@glassfish.java.net

Re: password file keys ?

From: Felipe Gaścho <fgaucho_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 23:53:41 +0200

The --passwordfile option is a replacement for --password. This means
all the commands where --password is/was applicable, --passwordfile is
a preferred substitute. Remote commands don't know where domain
configuration (and the domain-passwords store) is and hence, they can
not make use of the aliasing facility (unlike the server). This
facility however will work for unattended boots.

I am not confused, I am just trying to create a script that users can
checkout my project and run a unique script to configure, deploy and
run my application.. what includes JMS and JavaMail resources.. since
I cannot hard-code the passwords in this script, I have a few
options.. including an interactive session with the users or (better)
a lookup in a default location password file..

then I started to think in a simple parser to load this file.. and
perhaps the users can use the same file to store the asadmin
passwords..

I already got the keys... and now I am continuing to edit my script :)