users@glassfish.java.net

Password Aliases Trouble

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 07:30:02 PDT

The procedure seems to be simple, but it's not working for me. I hope someone can let me know what I'm doing wrong.

I want to hide the password to a database pool using a alias. I've done this:

I changed to the domains config directory and I made a file password.txt with this content:

AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=adminadmin
AS_ADMIN_ALIASPASSWORD=TheDBPassword

Then I used the asadmin command:

asadmin --create-password-alias --user admin --port 4848 --passwordfile password.txt alias1

This seemed to work. Then I shutdown Glassfish and edited domain.xml

      <property name="Password" value="{ALIAS=alias1}"/>
<!-- <property name="Password" value="TheDBPassword"/>
-->

When I restart Glassfish, the database pool fails to login however, wrong password.

Did I miss a step?

Thank you
[Message sent by forum member 'jsexton' (jsexton_at_agora.rdrop.com)]