users@glassfish.java.net

Re: v3 with JMS redelivery limit ?

From: Nigel Deakin <Nigel.Deakin_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 12:27:22 +0100

Felipe Gaścho wrote:
> I noticed new properties in the Activation Spec of Glassfish V3 , including the
>
> RedeliveryAttempts
>
> is this able to stop the poison messages even when I have a code bug
> or other way of runtime exception thrown in my code ??
>
> If yes, it is a huge progress compared to v2.1 :)

I think you're looking at the ActivationSpec of the Generic JMS Resource Adapter (GenericJMSRA). Yes, this has a
property RedeliveryAttempts. I don't know whether this is new.

If you're using the MQ Resource Adapter (JMSRA), the property is endpointExceptionRedeliveryAttempts. This is not new.

Nigel