users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish Comet Java App

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 16:55:09 PDT

I have been searching across the interwebs for an example to help walk me through using comet and glassfish. Not sure if this is also the correct location for this thread. If it is not could a Moderator please move it to the correct section. First just so everyone knows I am not a programmer. I am still learning java as I have been going. I am doing a little side project to do a proof of concept of using Java and comet to write a SCADA system. I have written a Java SE application that does all my polling for my PLCs. I drew up a couple web pages that I would like to use comet to push data to the page. I have not been able with any luck to get comet to work. I am struggling how to figure out to make proper channels in both the web page using JavaScript and also in my java application. All the examples I have found all are just using web pages and do not interface with a java application. If it is necessary I can move my application to an Java EE app. Could someone help me with a simple example that will take a variable (int and string) from a java application and push those values to a HTML page? I would greatly appreciate any help I receive.
[Message sent by forum member 'jeep2007' (jeepindude2007_at_comcast.net)]