users@glassfish.java.net

circular referenced tag files cause JSP compilation error the first time.

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 14:33:30 PDT

All,

I recently posted this same question on the Jetty mailing list. I was informed that Jetty uses glassfish internally for its jsp engine. So I'm going to try again here :)

I have a jsp .tag file that invokes another tag that in turn invokes
the first tag. I know its complicated :) We do this to handle the
building of a tree structure. Anyway the jsp compilation fails in
Jetty for this case with something like the following:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: no such file:
/Users/jsmith/projects/my-webapp/target/work/jsp/org/apache/jsp/tag/web/nodes_tag.class

A simple refresh fixes the problem, but its driving me crazy having to
do this weird refresh every time my working directory gets cleaned.
Also, this problem does not happen in tomcat, only in Jetty. This is
strange because I thought they both used Jasper for JSP compiling.

I whipped up a very simple sample application that showcases this situation and
attached it. Unzip it and try mvn jetty:run, then got to
http://localhost:8080/my-webapp/
To try the same thing with tomcat try: mvn war:inplace tomcat:run then
go to the same URL.

Anyone ever seen anything like this?

Thanks,

-jeff
[Message sent by forum member 'jefmsmit' (jefmsmit_at_yahoo.com)]