users@glassfish.java.net

Virtual Directories

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 08:56:32 PDT

I have what I'd like to believe is a stupid question, but am beginning to think it's quite a holy grail. I've searched and searched for an answer to this, but simple cannot find any reasonably understandable information about it specifically.

I'm trying to add a "virtual directory" to a deployed .war file in glassfish v2.1 enterprise.

To be more specific, in IIS, if you want to say serve up some files for download, you can right click on a virtual server and simply add a virtual directory. In this case a directory that is available on the network as a samba share. and a user can then browse to http://thesite.com/virdir/thefile and bam there it is.

To the best of my ability I see no way to do this in glassfish, which seems ridiculous. I'm sure it's simple, I just plain can't figure it out.

I currently have only one .war deployed as the default web module. i just need to add a network samba share to it as a "virtual directory" just as I described above.

the stupid question is "HOW?!"
[Message sent by forum member 't3kn0m0nk3y' (zwelch_at_vpsupply.com)]