users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Long paths on windows

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 07:43:35 PDT

I used to do more work on Windows than I do any more, so I might not be remembering correctly. And I am certainly not an expert on the GlassFish synchronization logic so maybe this has no bearing on the problem. But here goes anyway.

GlassFish might be able to create a file in this case using something like

File f = new File(parentDir, file);

in which neither the directory nor the relative file path provided exceeds the max file length by themselves -- only together do they lead to too long a path.

But perhaps the code which tries to delete the file uses some other technique for creating the File object that constructs the full path which, to Windows, is then too long.

Just a thought.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (timothy.quinn_at_sun.com)]