users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish hangs after a few days

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 16:21:14 -0400

Salut,

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Jeanfrancois,
>
> You are awesome, one last question
>
> Acceptor Threads Setting
> --------------------------
> I assume the metric is 1 x the number of cores. We have two processor dual core 2280 (2.4GHz) on a Sun X410. That is 4 cores.
>
> So our acceptor thread setting should be 4?

Yes.

> We are able to consistently reproduce the https hang.

Great. If you can share a test case I can play with, I will come with a fix.

When we run enough load to cause an application time out, we get
close_waits on port 443 that never clean up.

Yes that's an issue for sure.

  We are testing the latest grizzly-1.0.30.jar right now.

> I will let you know the results.

OK if you can try with acceptor-thread="1" (default) and 4 that would be
good and will help me found the issue.

Thanks!

-- Jeanfrancois