users@glassfish.java.net

question on images and DB

From: Eve Pokua <gorgeous65_at_msn.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 14:12:15 +0100

Hello everyone,

I have an application similar to the shopping and order applications

you find online:-

http://algoval.essex.ac.uk:8080/samadams/products.jsp

I would like to add images for this. I am now at the moment using

design displaytag to display the items on jsp as presentation with

servlet as controller. I am using EJB3.

http://displaytag.sourceforge.net/1.2/

So for each item I shall be displaying with a picture next to it

like any e-com shopping online. Of course then I would had features

which would allow user to create order online and so forth.

I am using MS sql 2000 as database. I have no idea how to store the images. I thought I could add an extra column as image there. but how is there a data type as image?

Please, help.

Thanks

eve
                                                _________________________________________________________________ Get the best of MSN on your mobile http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/147991039/direct/01/