users@glassfish.java.net

Re: removing corrupted apps

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 13:45:23 PDT

Indeed, the server.log appears to bear no relation to the OP's subject line for this post.

The underlying problem (from the server.log) is as enderfake says: something else already has port 3364 so the IIOP can't bind to it.

I expect that 'all interfaces' is 0.0.0.0 so pre-existing use of this port on [b]any[/b] interface will cause you problems. Switching to localhost might fix the problem but will also make your IIOP inaccessible from anywhere other than localhost, which might effectively break the server.

So, you need to determine who's using that port. Next time it fails, run 'netstat -an|grep 3364' to double-check that the port [b]is[/b] in use. If you are using Linux, you can then do 'sudo netstat -anp|grep 3364' to find the offending process [you need to be root to use '-p' hence the sudo; if you don't have root access you need to find someone who does]. If you're using Solaris, you can try using 'sudo lsof -i :3364' (but not all Solaris's have lsof). If you're using Windows, my condolences.
[Message sent by forum member 'matterbury' (matterbury_at_abinitio.com)]