users@glassfish.java.net

Re: MDB trans-attribute element in ejb-jar.xml for JCA

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 07:01:32 PDT

Except that Required means that a transaction will be created automatically if one doesn't exist, unlike "Supports".

In my case I have an MDB method that doesn't need a transaction, and having the CMT auto-create one needlessly is wasteful (and actually triggers a bug in another vendor's app.server, not that that's relevant here, but it's what made me think about this :-).
[Message sent by forum member 'matterbury' (matterbury_at_abinitio.com)]