users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish with MySQL? Steps?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 08:30:26 PDT

How do I make connection with MySQL using Glassfish? I have JDK, Glassfish and MySQL on the Linux server.

I uploaded mysql-connector-java-5.0.8-bin.jar to the lib folder of Glassfish installed from glassfish-installer-v2.1-b60e-linux.jar. What should I do next?

A web page said, "Start your GlassFish Application server by issuing the command ‘asadmin.bat start-domain domain1′ from GLASS_FISH_INSTALL_DIR\bin directory."
(http://www.albeesonline.com/blog/2008/08/06/creating-and-configuring-a-mysql-datasource-in-glassfish-application-server/)

I don't know where that bin directory is. Any suggestion for more detailed steps to follow? Any web pages?

My goal is to allow my Java desktop application to connect to Glassfish, which will ask MySQL to return some data and will transfer the data back to the Java desktop application.
[Message sent by forum member 'tse2009' (webofht-javanet01_at_yahoo.com.hk)]