users@glassfish.java.net

Classloader library problem

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 07:38:09 PDT

Hi,

I'm very new to Glassfish and just tried to deploy one of our smaller projects to an Application Server 9.1_02 (build b04-fcs). However, this project uses jsf 1.1, whereas 1.2 is provided with the AS. These versions seem to be incompatible, resulting in this exception:

[i]PWC1406: Servlet.service() for servlet FacesServlet threw exception javax.el.ELException: Not a Valid Method Expression: at com.sun.el.lang.ExpressionBuilder.createMethodExpression(ExpressionBuilder.java:248) at com.sun.el.ExpressionFactoryImpl.createMethodExpression(ExpressionFactoryImpl.java:81) at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.getMethodExpression(PageContextImpl.java:1013) at org.apache.jsp.pages.admin.user_005foverview_jsp._jspx_meth_h_commandButton_1(user_005foverview_jsp.java:1296)[/i] [...]

Well, I don't want to touch the code anymore, so I tried to make the application use the older library from its web-inf/lib folder, this shouldn't be a big thing.

So in another forum I read that [i]<classloader delegate="false" />[/i] in the sun-web.xml would help, but it still uses the newer library provided by the AS. The libraries are also referenced in the manifest.mf of the war:

[i]Manifest-Version: 1.0
Class-Path: WEB-INF\lib\activation-1.1.1.jar
 WEB-INF\lib\asm-1.5.3.jar
 WEB-INF\lib\asm-attrs-1.5.3.jar
 WEB-INF\lib\cglib-2.1.3.jar
 WEB-INF\lib\commons-beanutils-1.7.jar
 WEB-INF\lib\commons-codec-1.3.jar
 WEB-INF\lib\commons-digester-1.8.jar
 WEB-INF\lib\commons-fileupload-1.2.jar
 WEB-INF\lib\commons-io-1.3.2.jar
 WEB-INF\lib\commons-lang-2.3.jar
 WEB-INF\lib\commons-logging-1.1.jar
 WEB-INF\lib\dom4j-1.6.1.jar
 WEB-INF\lib\hibernate-3.2.jar
 WEB-INF\lib\j4j.jar
 WEB-INF\lib\jta-1.1.jar
 WEB-INF\lib\log4j-1.2.14.jar
 WEB-INF\lib\mail-1.4.jar
 WEB-INF\lib\myfaces-api-1.1.5.jar
 WEB-INF\lib\myfaces-impl-1.1.5.jar
 WEB-INF\lib\spring-2.5.1.jar
 WEB-INF\lib\stax-1.2.0_rc2-dev.jar
 WEB-INF\lib\stax-api-1.0.1.jar
 WEB-INF\lib\tomahawk-1.1.6.jar
 WEB-INF\lib\velocity-1.5.jar
[/i]

Can anybody give me a hint, plz?

Kind regards,
Mario
[Message sent by forum member 'riceman' (mario.reissmann_at_bbraun.com)]