users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish, declarative security

From: Horace Redelmyer <hredelmyer_at_cogeco.ca>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 13:25:40 -0700 (PDT)

I have installed glassfish 2.1 and openSSO, and am now trying to set up
declarative security on some servlets and web services.

I believe that I have to set up policy agents, but after wading through
hundreds of pages of documentation, the way isn't any clearer, especially
since much of the documentation isn't documentation - i.e. it names a
property "x.y.z" and all that the text says is "sets the x of the y of the
z", not explaining at all what x or y or z mean or how to decide what the
property value should be or what kinds of values are valid.

I did try running agentadmin from appserver_v9_agent_3.zip, but it
completely froze my installation and I had to revert the configuration
files.

It should only take a handful of install commands.

Is there a short document describing all the steps?

Is there a single zip file containing all of the pieces of such a setup
including tiny examples of servlets and web services with declarative
security enabled?