users@glassfish.java.net

System.out missing on server.log

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 05:51:49 PDT

Hi to all,
 I start a migration from tomcat to glassfish in our company of some old applications. The migration is quite done but I have a strange behavior about logging. My application is was flash based with remoting (component server side) and the business logic server side is based on simple bean classes without any kind of logging like this:

package it.kemen.fmx.aostaAdmin;

import it.kemen.fmx.util.JRecordSet;
import it.kemen.fmx.util.SqlGenerator;
import java.sql.*;
import java.util.ArrayList;
import java.util.Map;
import javax.naming.NamingException;
import javax.sql.DataSource;

public class Bo extends ModuloAosta
{

   public Bo(){
       module = "bo";
   }

   public ArrayList init(){
       return null;
   }

   public int login(String user, String xp)
       throws SQLException, NamingException{
       return super.login(user, xp, module);
   }

   public int otherBusinessMethod(String a, String b){
        System.out.println("mylog");
       return super.login(user, xp, module);
   }
}

The strange behavior is missing log of System.out in server.log. I try add log4j too but nothing change.
In my developing pc with eclipse and glassfish I can see logging but on my stage and production linux box no way.
I found this faq:
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-4339/abgax?a=view

Where are option in Admin UI? :) Or where are configured in glassfish xml this option?
Can help me about this issue? I think there are some setting on glassfish that intercept System.out but I don't found how change it.

Thanks in advance for your attention.

Regards Lorenzo
[Message sent by forum member 'xarnorx' (arnor_at_kemen.it)]