users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Creating a keystore and truststore for a web service

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 18:21:34 PDT

HI,

I have discovered you do not need to use OpenSSL if you make sure your keystore password matches the Glassfish password.

I have attached a script that uses only keytool to create a keystore, import it into the Glassfish keystore, and create a client certificate, which you can hand off to a third party to access your service. In my case I have a vendor using .net and my generated certificate to access my secure Java web service.
[Message sent by forum member 'mpachis' (mpachis)]