users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Pb with remote bean lookup from an AS (host1) toward another AS(host2)

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 00:11:28 PDT

Hi,

Thanks.. No IP/port is not known until the system is deployed. Because of the constraints within my company, the ear are packaged and sent out to another organization for deployment and installation. So we have one generic disk with all the ears. It is only at the customer site that we know the IP/ports. And it is not accceptable to ask for repackaging during integration. The IP must thus be provisioned after (or configured).

It seems to me the FAQ is a bit misleading as it does not mention that dynamic EJB lookup for EJB 3.0 using corbaname is not supported.

I like your idea though.
[Message sent by forum member 'baboune' (baboune)]