users@glassfish.java.net

Changing global binding for JAXB

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 13:18:17 PDT

I'm publishing a webservice to glassfish v2.1 from netBeans. Glassfish is generating a WSDL and a schema document.

I want to use a a java.util.Calendar and it's being mapped to a XMLGregorianCalendar. I can create a client and point it at my project and it pulls down the generated WSDL and XSD. Then I add the following to the XSD:

  <xs:annotation>
    <xs:appinfo>
              <jxb:globalBindings>
                 <jxb:javaType name="java.util.Calendar" xmlType="xs:dateTime" parseMethod="javax.xml.bind.DatatypeConverter.parseDate" printMethod="javax.xml.bind.DatatypeConverter.printDate" />
              </jxb:globalBindings>
           </xs:appinfo>
  </xs:annotation>

When I do this, everything works fine, I can receive and send Calendars to my webservice. I'd like to have glassFish do this for me and I'm under the impression I can edit these global bindings somewhere on my server.

Is this possible?

-thanks folks
[Message sent by forum member 'holtmansfield' (holtmansfield)]