users@glassfish.java.net

Re: RE: What is the root directory for web services...

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 10:43:58 PDT

I guess I can give that a try although it seems odd that you would need to put everything in a SIlverLight application into this directory in order to just consume one of its web services. I am not quite sure if the implementation is the same in glassfish as it is in IIS. In IIS the http://localhost/ directory location is in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot with any number of virtual directories set up under that. I guess what I am asking is how is the GlassFish directory structure set up and when you refer to a GlassFish http://localhost/ , what directory is used to serve up the content? Or is there a more complex implementation involved here? As you have already surmised I am sure, I am seeing the GlassFish world through a Miscrosoft lense, so anything you could add that would help explain this sort of in Microsoftish terms would probably help. Sorry if thats a pain!
[Message sent by forum member 'mathiasx' (mathiasx)]