users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Global (User) Transaction Not Timing Out

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 14:22:37 PDT

Another data point. When I query the state of the transactions, I'm seeing "request_session_id" of -2 with a "UOW" that is something other than all zeroes ("00000-000...").

According to this article, this is caused by distributed transactions being in an unknown state...

     http://www.eraofdata.com/blog/tag/orphaned-transcations/

Maybe SQL Server isn't getting the word that the transaction has timed out and should be aborted??? I'm not quite sure how to trace that...thinking about capturing network traffic to the SQL server, but I'm not sure how helpful that will be...

Any thoughts?
[Message sent by forum member 'christopherrued' (christopherrued)]