users@glassfish.java.net

Re: minimal GF configuration

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 10:11:51 PDT

Can't say about GFv3, but even GFv2 loads its stuff lazily. So if you don't use it, it's not loaded.

I've had GF running servlets with a heap as small as 25M I think.

Simply, just deploy Glassfish and your application, and start hammering on the Xmx parameter until you stop getting OOM exceptions during testing.

I will say that I wasn't able to get GFv2 down as small as Tomcat, much less Jetty.

Also, I would avoid the Admin console, it's kind of heavy, but, again, you don't have to "undeploy" it, just don't use it.

I believe that GFv3 has a smaller footprint, particularly for just servlets.
[Message sent by forum member 'whartung' (whartung)]