users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish v2 - JNDI - String or Properties or Bean

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 08:23:59 PDT

I will answer my own question with what I have found. If anyone else has any better ideas please let me know.

Firstly JNDI String or Properties objects are not supported and are on the list for v3. Same goes for JavaBeans. But as to what the purpose of the BeanFactory class is then I don't know. (http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=GFV3JDBCOnePager#section-GFV3JDBCOnePager-4.1.7BuiltInFactoriesForCustomResources)

Secondly I ended up creating a custom class to act as a JNDIPropertiesFactory as detailed in this post. This was explained in a post by edrandall (http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=317547).
[Message sent by forum member 'cballantyne' (cballantyne)]