users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Global (User) Transaction Timeout

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 11:43:21 PDT

Thanks for the thought. It looks like it is indeed shutting down:

BEFORE:
> jps
        3508
        3444 Jps
        2648 PELaunch
        1740 Main

    DURING: (PID 1736 is new)
> jps
        3508
        2648 PELaunch
        1736 Main
        1740 Main
        1552 Jps

    AFTER:
> jps
        3508
        3444 Jps
        2648 PELaunch
        1740 Main

My understanding (based on a superficial knowledge of how XA should work and what seems like the "right thing") is that the Transaction Coordinator (Glassfish in this case, right?) should notice that there has been no request to commit the transaction within the timeout period, and then initiate an abort on all XAResources enlisted in the transaction...I just don't see that happening...
[Message sent by forum member 'christopherrued' (christopherrued)]