users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JPA sequences making up weird numbers when migrating to GlassFish 2.1

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 06:29:36 PDT

Thanks for the clarification. I thought my id field was using int and that nextval('stats_id_seq') for the next number, but it really is using serial. Thanks for pointing that out.

Just curious, why was this change made now? To enforce correctness? Now people can't switch between platforms that support only SEQUENCE (like Oracle) and only IDENTITY (like SyBase) without having to alter their code.

Thanks,
Ryan
[Message sent by forum member 'rdelaplante' (rdelaplante)]