users@glassfish.java.net

Can a web service deployed in Grizzly access Felix

From: paulbrickell <paul.brickell_at_evolvedintelligence.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 05:38:49 -0700 (PDT)

I don't know if this is a silly question, but I am having some fundamental
issues understanding the Glassfish v3 architecture and could use a pointer.

I have created a bundle and added an entry in the glassfish/felix.conf e.g.

file:///home/me/myworkspace/my-bundle/target/my-bundle-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

I see this bundle starting and all is well. It opens a socket to which I can
connect and exchange data, which is nice. The reason I created a bundle and
not a H2K module is that I want it to be activated at server start-up time.
I could not see a way of doing this with H2K. Maybe I missed something.

Now I want to reference this service from a web service that I have deployed
in Grizzly. I simply cannot figure out how to do this. The docs do not
really cover this, which leads me to believe I am doing something
fundamentally wrong.

Do Felix and Grizzly share any kind of context or is there a static way to
access the Felix services from a web application deployed in Grizzly?

I have tried this....

wsContext.getMessageContext();
ServletContext sCtx = (ServletContext)
mc.get(MessageContext.SERVLET_CONTEXT);
Object habitat = sCtx.getAttribute("org.glassfish.servlet.habitat");

This, I believe, gets me a reference to the H2K habitat, but my bundle is an
OSGi bundle deployed in Felix, not an H2K service. Can I navigate to my
bundle through this habitat? Is it right to try? If so is there a maven
dependency I need to pick up the Habitat class as I cannot seem to find it
anywhere.

I would appreciate any pointers. TIA.
Paul B.