users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to use -XX:OnOutOfMemory with GlassFish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 07:29:22 PDT

I would suggest to you a much simpler approach. If you explore the architecture of the GlassFish cluster, you will see that each instance in the cluster is monitored by a light-weight node-agent. One of the tasks of the node-agent is to be a watch-dog for instances and if they are killed, the node-agent will (by default) automatically restart them.

So even if you are only running a single instance, I suggest that you convert to using the clustered GlassFish architecture. Let people know if you need more information but I think everything you are attempting is already there for you.

hope this helps
[Message sent by forum member 'lwhite' (lwhite)]