users@glassfish.java.net

Deploying a webservice

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 14:21:03 PDT

Hello,

I hear that the command "javac -classpath $AS_HOME/lib/javaee.jar -d $AS_HOME/domains/domain1/autodeploy <webservice name>" can be used to deploy a Web Service to a server running on the local machine.

My web service requires several other source files to compile. If I give the javac command only the name of the file containing the web service, it fails to compile. If I give it the list of all source files involved, it compiles and deploys, but the web service does not show up under the web service node in the glassfish admin GUI. Furthermore this creates one web application per source file under the Web Application node (only one of the source files is an actual web service).

Can you tell me how to use this command to deploy a web service properly? I'm working on an assignment which requires deploying the same webservice to several locations, and it would be very nice if I could automate the process.

Thank you.
[Message sent by forum member 'vercinetorix' (vercinetorix)]