users@glassfish.java.net

Re: CORBA.NO_PERMISSION when using GUI in ACC

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 11:59:02 PDT

Hi Tim,

Unfortunately for 6.5, there is a infinite recursion bug in one of the URLStreamHandler classes (or something like that, can't remember right now) that gets triggered when WebStart tries to launch the platform.. It's been fixed last december and this will be available in 6.7.

Included in this email is my cleaned up project. As I mentionned, you need to have NetBeans 6.1 installed. You first need to build the xxx-Platform project. Its output gets copied into the app-client project automatically. You then need to build and deploy the -EAR project. You will have to adjust the security role on your end, but that should be a piece of cake for you. The stateless ejb only has one method which returns the server time as a long. It gets (when it works) printed in the GUI. When the application starts, just press the button in the middle of the screen to trigger the lookup.

The EJB lookup is done every time you press the button, but this is of course not how I would do it in real life... I just wanted to keep this simple.

My experimentations showed that sometimes it works, sometimes not. Really weird... No redeploy in between, just clicking again on the 'Launch' button.

I hope you will be able to reproduce the bug! I don't know how the WebStart support is coming along in V3, but I have a feeling that this issue is still around.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do. Congrats on all the work you guys are doing on Glassfish, it's a great piece of s/w.

For now, we will simply package the app-client the traditional way and leave the support files on a network drive. Our users are all on the same network anyway.

Have a nice weekend,

Chiss
[Message sent by forum member 'chiss' (chiss)]