users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Server log

From: Wolfram Rittmeyer <w.rittmeyer_at_jsptutorial.org>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 19:48:53 +0200

Wolfram Rittmeyer wrote:
> glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
>> Thanks - I was hoping to fix up the console log since that is what is
>> displayed in Eclipse while we are working in the IDE I take it there
>> is no way to get the log4j messages to the console otherwise? These
>> are not sysout println statements - there are all log4j messages. I
>> take it because of the way MyEclipse is running glassfish they are
>> being flushed to sysout?
>
> Yes,

This yes of my previous post is a bit misleading.

That the output is directed to sysout has nothing to do with MyEclipse.
It has only to do with the ConsoleAppender - this Appender always uses
sysout to log. Eclipse then shows any output streamed to sysout and
syserr in its console. I hope this makes my previous post a bit easier
to understand ;-)

--
Wolfram