users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Creating a keystore and truststore for a web service

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 05:00:04 PDT

SUCCESS!!!!

Well partial success at least.... I can now make my own certs the certs work 100%, I just don't like the way I had to make it work.

I have to import the service key into the servers keystore to get this to work. The idea came from the fact that you need to import the v3 certs into glassfish to get the whole system to work.

This causes 2 problems:
1) I have to restart the server every time I add a key.
2) the key password has to be changeit/(the servers keystore password) or the server won't start.

I have attached the script I use to do this. Any one keen on having a look to validate my findings and maybe help with a work around?
[Message sent by forum member 'waynetg' (waynetg)]