users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish start-domain with -u and --passwordfile options

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 17:42:35 PDT

I'm running this on linux and I have an init.d script that does

sudo -u glassfish $GLASSFISHPATH/asadmin start-domain --user glassadmin --passwordfile /srv/glassfish/domainname/passwd --domaindir /srv/glassfish domainname

Without the --user and --passwordfile options it prompts me for my admin user name and password, but I can't provide that stuff if this script gets run automatically at boot, hence the options. However; i get invalid user/pass errors when I try to run this. my password file looks like

AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=wh33zy

glassadmin and wh33zy are the user/pass that I would normally provide manually. I've tried changing AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD to AS_ADMIN_USERPASSWORD, but that didn't work either
[Message sent by forum member 'tenmiles' (tenmiles)]