users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to speed up GlassFish startup

From: Satyajit Tripathi <Satyajit.Tripathi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 19:29:33 +0530
Hello Argonkonay,

Default setting for parameter '-Dcom.sun.enterprise.server.ss.ASQuickStartup' in

I can surely tell you, in my current setup (Solaris10 SPARC) Startup time is not as high as 32 seconds.

Can you tell more about
  1. The system (i.e. machine) you are using like clock speed, memory, operating system, JDK version etc. ?
  2. The cluster setup (if any) and things like how many server instances etc. ? Network latencies (if included) ?
  3. The kind of application(s) deployed etc. ? What are other processes running on the system and resource utilization ?

Thanks & regards
--Satya

glassfish@javadesktop.org wrote:
It takes 35 seconds to start glassfish 2ur2 by default ( jvm-option does not work ) and it takes 32 secods to startup glassfish 2.1, without quickstart option it was 75 seconds with glassfish 2.1 . I think quickstart option active with 2ur2 by default .
[Message sent by forum member 'argonkonay' (argonkonay)]