users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish + Eclipse Deploy on Directory long time

From: Ludovic Champenois <Ludovic.Champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 10:39:52 -0700

On 4/27/09 10:24 AM, Ronaldo Rigoni ... wrote:
> My eclipse in the deploy of a enterprise application each JSP modified
> another ear is generated and published in GlassFish. This is a long
> time about 5 seconds.
> In the NetBeans the deploy id done only the modified files on save.
> Can anyone helpme?
Eclipse plugin is using the generic WTP server adapter from Eclipse
which creates a archive (war or ear) at each redeployment.
NetBeans plugin is using a much more sophisticated way of doing optimal
directory redeployment without creating an archive.
We are working on exposing these features in Eclipse but for the coming
GlassFish v3 server (currently, v3 prelude Eclipse plugin already
exposes optimal dir deployment).

Ludo