users@glassfish.java.net

Problem making an outbound SSL connection from Glassfish to another server

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 20:13:06 PDT

Hi, I'm having a problem making an outbound SSL connection to another system from an application running inside Glassfish. I'm running v2.1 Enterprise version (not the development one, which I believe is an important distinction).

I'll paint the scenario. The remote site uses certificate "A", which is signed by party "B". Party "B" is an internal company CA, not somebody like Verisign.

Using "certutil", I installed the public certificate for Party "B" in the main certificate database (as a "T,c,c" certificate). When I attempt to connect to the remote server, the connection fails - " unable to find valid certification path to requested target". I

If however I install the public certificate "A" in the main certificate database (as a "T,c,c" certificate), everything works.

Shouldn't certificate "B" be sufficient to trust any requests using certificate "A", given that is in the database? Have I configured the certificate database incorrectly? Is there a different way to do this in Glassfish? I know there if I didn't have to use "certutil" and could manage each key and trust store separately I could configure this.

Can anybody help?

Regards,

Ian
[Message sent by forum member 'hirowla' (hirowla)]