users@glassfish.java.net

jmx connection to standalone instances?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 23:18:12 PDT

Hello forum;

Using GlassFish V2.1 Final (b60e-fcs) cluster setup on Redhat Linux.
I'd like to offer read-only JMX Connections to the standalone Instances. The default mechanism requires a login from a member
of the asadmin-group and has read-write grants. Dont want to provide these credentials.

I tried to add the parameters -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote,
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.password.file, -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.access.file and
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl to the VM Arguments of the configuration, but this prevents the standalone instance
to startup.

Is there a any way to enable read-only JMX connections?

Thank you for any tips...

Ivo
[Message sent by forum member 'jdrive' (jdrive)]