users@glassfish.java.net

Application Server PE8.0 ldap connections Issue - Not Release to the pool

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 04:55:24 PDT

The Server Version is Sun Java System Application Server Platform Edition 8.0.0_01 (build b08-fcs).

Attached are the server logs,access logs and config files.Please check line no 55091 for the issue we are facing-
[#|2009-04-14T14:12:51.369+0800|FINE|sun-appserver-pe8.0.0_01|javax.enterprise.system.core.security|_ThreadID=22;|SEC1111: No available LDAP connection available from the LDAP connection pool,current pool size is 5.|#]

WebApplications use the ldap to authenticate the user. The behavior that is observed on the new servers is that the ldap connections are not released/returned to the pool even after the call is made.
Thus after some time the connection pool becomes full and new requests cannot be processed. Currently we have bounced SJAS when we faced the issue.

How to solve this issue?
[Message sent by forum member 'chgohsl' (chgohsl)]