users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to log Grizzly events ?

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 12:58:24 -0400

Salut,

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hello,
>

> We are currently working with a small web service example that has been written using XFire. This example is working fine on several application servers (full J2EE or not) but we experience poor performance on GlassFish v2.1.
>
> We are currently trying to determine whether this is a problem with GlassFish or with XFire. To do so, it would be a great help if it could be possible to get in the logs relevant events from Grizzly.
> We have the log level to FINEST through the web container but we see nothing in the logs relevant to Grizzly nor the web container.
>
> Is it possible to have messages in the logs about the following things
> - requests accepted or rejected
> - read timeout events
> - write timeout events
> - response sent or buffer flushed
> - ...
> ?
> If so, how can we obtain such information ?

can you add

-Dcm.sun.enterprise.web.connection.grizzly.enableSnoop=true

in domain.xml to see if that gives you what you want? I can also send
you an instrumented grizzly if that doesn't help. Now since you are
using Xfire (which under the hood use MINA). I recommend you also add:

-Dcom.sun.enterprise.server.ss.ASQuickStartup=false

My little finger tells me it may help as the MINA folks reported having
trouble when the framework is used in GlassFish, and adding that
property fixed the issue (MINA's FtpServer).

A+

-- Jeanfrancois