users@glassfish.java.net

SLSB that is also a WebService: annotation question

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 08:22:49 PDT

Hello; is it legal to have a SLSB that is also a WebService, where all the attributes of the WebService annotation are fully specified?

I am using OpenEJB as an inside-my-unit-test container before I deploy my stuff to Glassfish, and my test is failing when I specify any combination of @Stateless and the targetNamespace and/or enpointInterface attributes of the @WebService annotation (when I go to look up the EJB from JNDI OpenEJB reports that the context is empty; if I remove those @WebService attributes everything works again). I'm wondering whether this constitutes a proper failure or a bug in OpenEJB.

(I am obviously not asking about the inner workings of OpenEJB on a Glassfish list; I just thought that the reference implementation crew would have a deep knowledge of this particular situation. I couldn't find anything in the specification to suggest fully specifying both the @Stateless and @WebService annotations would be a problem.)

Thanks,
Laird
[Message sent by forum member 'ljnelson' (ljnelson)]