users@glassfish.java.net

asadmin deploy fails

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 13:29:22 PDT

I'm going through the quick start guide for glassfish and am trying to deploy a war file (the hello.war sample) to no avail. The deploy command keeps on erroring out with an extraction error:

====
[georget_at_dev35:glassfishv3-prelude]$ java -jar ./glassfish/modules/admin-cli.jar deploy ../wars/hello.war
remote failure: Error extracting uploaded file

Command deploy failed.
====

I've also tried different war files, the web admin console, and the autodeploy directory and all fail. The war file looks good. I'm able to look inside and extract manually with the `jar` command.

Any thoughts?
[Message sent by forum member 'gthiruva' (gthiruva)]